Да упражним демократичното си право да не бъдем чути.
To be a LEBANESE … its something
• You constantly mix Arabic, French, and English „Okay,
merci kteer, yallah bye!“ „Hi kifak ca va“
• Your statements should start with „Enno„.
• The words „Khayi“ “Man” „Bro“ „Cuz“ are a big part of your vocabulary.
• The word „Wallah“ has replaced the word „Really“ in your vocabulary.
• You Believe that “Bounjouren” “Bonsoiren” are registered vocabulary words.
• You say the words „Stylak“ and „Salbe“ very often.
• You say „Bolice“ for „Police“
• You call a night club „Night“ and McDonalds „Macdo“; Abbreviation is a convenient style of communication.
• Your father swears at you with words that affect him (Yil3an Abouk)
• Whenever you see a relative you haven’t seen in a while, you say
: “Yee Shoo mghayar wo mihlaw“
• “We’ll only stay 10 minutes“ means you’re spending the whole day.
• You always say „open the light“ instead of „turn the light on“.
• You say bye 17 times on the phone, before actually hanging up.
• When you fail, your first words are: most of my friends failed too!
• You are so „Class“ while everyone else are „Nawar“
• You never stand in line.
• You don’t memorize your full National Anthem.
• You talk for an hour at the front door when leaving someone’s house.
• You think that Syrians are the butt of all jokes.
• You can’t do anything in life unless you have a Wasta
• If a Cop stops you cause you’ve violated a certain law, God help him since you’ll be calling PAPI …then PAPI will fuck his life.
• You eat almost everything with bread.
• You put olive oil on EVERYTHING and brag about how healthy it is.
• You always need to have a Supply of Nuts & Bizir.
• You always fight over who pays the bill.
• Your mom makes food for 10 people but you are only 3 on the table.
• Your mum cooks a meal that lasts three days
• To Lebanese Argileh has become as essential as Fresh Air.
• You have to smoke Argileh.
• A good restaurant is measured by how good is their Argileh, and whether the Nara guy is always around!!
• Your mother yells at the top of her lungs to call you for dinner even if you’re in the next room.
• You ask your dad a simple question and he tells you a story of how he had to walk miles just to get to school.
• Your parents don’t realize phone connections to foreign countries have improved in the last two decades, and still scream at the top of their lungs when making long distance calls.
• You have to have at least 3 relatives living in your neighborhood. .
• Your Family is never happy with what you’ve achieved. If you graduated from school they’ll tell you „3aqbel Shahadeh El kbeereh“, when u get that „3aqbel el 3aroos / 3areees“, when you get that „3aqbel ma nefrah be Wledkom“, and when you get that „3aqbel Shadet Wladkom”, and it keeps on going…
• You drive a new BENZ but you can’t afford money for gas
• You drive cars with black Fume windows.
• You’re a very good driver, except for the fact that you drive like shit!
• You don’t feel embarrassed filling gas for 3$. (5.000 LBP)
• You can talk on your cell phone, eat a sandwich, drink, and smoke while driving a manual shift.
• You never wear a seat belt.
• You spend all your money buying accessories for the car. (But not Gas).
• You are permitted to have a little chat with your friends in the next car, and block the way on a green traffic light.
• All roads are 2-ways, so driving in the opposite direction is always permitted.
• If you are a boy you have to learn how to drive when you are 14 years old.
• You stole the car when your Parents were asleep, and were involved in an accident that they don’t know about, till now.
• Lebanon = Night Life; No introductions needed here.
• You have to be professional in holding your cigarette and drink in one hand and have easy access to both.
• You think its cool to dance and smoke at the same time.
• You can’t spend the night in one particular Night Club (At least 3).
• You Can Do The Dabkeh
• You are standing next to the largest suitcases at the Airport.
• When you arrive at the airport back home you find at least 20 relatives waiting to greet you.
• Getting a visa to Europe or the States is like getting a baby; everybody tells you „Mabrook“
Last but unquestionably not least.
• You love yellow cause u love „Hezbollah“, blue cause u love „future“
• You should get involved in politics, before kindergarten.
• You hope that the political situation will be solved but you know that it won’t.
AT THE END YOU JUST FEEL VERY PROUD
MORE THAN 80% OF THIS FACTS.